Hitchhiker’s guide Chapter project: To be completed as we read. groups of two create a scrapbook page for each of the chapters you are assigned;
Each Chapter requires one of the following on 11.5 x 17 (or larger) paper:
- The number of the chapter and a title (you will have to make up one that is appropriate for the chapter)
- An image with symbolic or metaphorical value in relation to the chapter. (original/not from internet)
- An image with literal meaning in relation to the chapter. (original/not from internet)
- A chapter summary of exactly five sentences.
- Three essential/meaningful quotes taken directly from the chapter, and the speakers credited.
- Example of something humorous/comical from the chapter. (please put into context)
Groups: Kyle and Susan (green group), Kevin and Melba (red group), and Sarah and John (blue group)
prologue/prelude – 3 – 6 <–by the end of Monday, the 4th) – 9 – 12 – 15 – 18 <– by the end of the day Friday the eighth) – 21 – 24 – 27 – 30 – 33
1 – 4 – 7 <–by the end of Monday, the 4th) – 10 – 13 – 16 – 19 <– by the end of the day Friday the eighth)– 22 – 25 – 28 – 31 – 34
2 – 5 – 8 <–by the end of Monday, the 4th) – 11 – 14 – 17 – 20 <– by the end of the day Friday the eighth)– 23 – 26 – 29 – 32 – 35
–> Have the book finished by the time you return from Spring Break. There will be a quiz on the book similar to the Chapter 1-10 quiz. If you wish to pass the quiz, reading is inevitable.
|Chapter display uses required amount of text concerning required topics (quotes, summary, etc.) in legible writing or typing of a visually sensible size and amount|
|Chapter images fit assignment requirements, are colorful and sensibly sized in relation to the overall paper.|
PDF of the full text –> The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Summative project choices for HGTTG
- HGTTG study guide, hosted on the web, for people learning about the novel.
- Color illustrated children’s storybook version
- A news tabloid (minimum four pages front and back) dealing with the exploits of character(s).
- A soundtrack for the book (8-10 tracks) burned on a CD with cover art and an insert with explanations (liner notes) for each song’s corresponding scene’s significance.
- An original theme song for the book, with lyrics and a reflection on the writing/recording process (insert). 2 minute minimum length, on CD with cover art
- The scrapbook or personal diary of a character.
- comic book version of the story
- A 2013 HGTTG Calendar with 12 months of appropriate images each with an explanation containing a quote from the book.
- Any type of project that uses sound, images or the printed word (or a combination of these) to express an understanding or appreciation of the story and fulfill the rubric criteria.
|Demonstrates a insightful/thorough knowledgeof the text through the chosen medium.||/5|
|Attention to detail is very evident in the content of the product.||/5|
|Expresses information in an unusual, unique or creative way that is audience appropriate||/5|
|Amount of text/writing is ample, proofread, and complete in form, regardless of project type.||/5|
|Product is neat, decipherable, and of high quality.||/5|
|All images (photos, drawings) and words are original, not taken from internet||/5|
Comments TOTAL: _______/
Through Chapter 10 by Monday the 4th. Multiple choice quiz on that day.