Soon we will learn the tale of brave Ulysses (also known as Odysseus). Ulysses was a King and a leader in the Greek Army. He went to war against the forces of Troy (that’s why it’s called the Trojan War). Troy was a rival city near Greece. The war was HUGE and it took Ulysses ten years to find his way home. To understand Ulysses, we have to understand why he left home in the first place.
Please respond to these questions in your blue book. The heading should be “The Trojan War.” All answers must contain at least four complete sentences in paragraph form (not bullet points). A great place to look up information is MYTHNET
1. In Greek myth, who was Paris?
2. What was “The Judgement of Paris?”
3. Who was Helen of Troy?
4. What was Sparta? What does it have to do with the War?
5. Who were Menelaus and Agamemnon?
6. What was the “Trojan Horse?” Who’s idea was it?
7. So, why was the Trojan War fought?
8. What does the word “Odyssey” mean?