Creating a world your way – Assessment one, term two 7A
The question: How did the universe originate and how did our world get made?
TASK: Create a storybook that shows and tells how the universe was created and how the world as we know it came to exist.
1) The Story must include these elements:
- The original state of the universe.
- A significant first event, a dawning, an origin.
- A description of supreme beings, gods, creators and architects of the new universe
- An explanation of the existence of regular things, people, creatures, physical things, features of the world.
2) The story will be told as a story, in narrative paragraph form. It will be
typed in either Arial or Times New Roman. It will have at least FOUR illustrations or images you create.
3) The book will look like a book, with a cover and a title. The size of the
book is not important, but it must tell the story beginning to end, including
details of the four elements. Do not ask about word amounts. Think instead
about telling an entertaining story with details and strong language that fulfill the criteria below…
Criterion A – Content (writing that hqs detail and fullness of info)
- Understand and begin to apply language A terminology in context (6)
- Understand some of the effects of the author’s choices on an audience (3)
Criterion C – Style and Language: (writing that shows control, skill with words and an eye for readability.
- Use language to narrate and entertain (10)
- Use appropriate and varied register and vocabulary (12)
- Use correct grammar and syntax (13)
- Use correct spelling/writing (15)