YOU ARE NOW THE CENTER OF ATTENTION. YOU ARE NOW THE….
12DP(B) Interactive Oral Activity 1
You are a public relations professional working for a particular country’s tourism board. As part of your job, your supervisors have asked you to host a presentation to entertain and inform your target audience about a ‘target culture’ country. The idea is to make people want to come and spend their money while experiencing and enjoying your country.
What to do…
1. Decide on ELEMENTS:
- CHOICE OF COUNTRY: Italy.
- FOCUS (what special interest/subject will you have? eg: adventure travel, architecture, culinary, art/craft, luxury, nature, etc.)
- PURPOSE (why are you speaking?) Note: you should aim to inform, entertain, make your listeners want to go to the country you are speaking about. Sell your country to the world.
- AUDIENCE (what specific group of people are you speaking to?)
- REGISTER AND STYLE of your presentation (your language will be influenced by your audience and purpose)
- Other relevant material you will need to include (what facts, opinions, anecdotes will you include?
- Prepare a 6-8 minute presentation. No notes please
- You can have one static visual aid (poster/diagram/slide onscreen) to refer to during your presentation and the information in it.
- Plan on having friends ask follow up questions for 2-3 minutes about your presentation. They will surely ask in English which is OK. Keep yourself limited to Italian.
- Video everything ad send to your Italian teacher.