What makes a school “good”. What makes learning and teaching better?
Goal for groups: To create a statement paragraph that can identify the best way for the members of the class to learn.
First do this: Groups write down sentences to answer the following. Choose a lead writer and a person to share the responses out loud.
- What can teachers do to help you learn and keep you engaged and interested?
- What can you do for yourself to help your learning this year?
- What can you and your classmates do for each other to improve your learning this year?
- What things distract you from learning and doing your best?
Letter to myself…
- What it is like in the hallway today.
- Who your two best friends are.
- What it is like being around older kids.
- What subjects you are interested in most.
- What subjects you are most afraid of or nervous about?
- What three things would you like to accomplish by the end of this year (goals!)
- One other thing you are thinking about or planning on for today.