Make sure every member of the group has explored at least 2 of the videos at www.dosomething.org/video/rant-rave As a group, discuss which videos were effective and why. Take note of the specific features or styles that you found effective.
Create a video that conveys your group’s opinion in an artistic and engaging way.
- Group brainstorm on chosen statement/s (from class brainstorm). You must agree on exactly what your video will be about and the preparation you need to make before you start filming. It is more than just informative – it makes a solid statement.
- Research. Gather information to use as evidence to support your ideas. You could use interviews with experts or people who have stories to tell. Or gather archival footage from already existing documentaries or current affairs programs. Make notes.
- Plan the video first. Use the storyboard template in the resource drive. You will need more than one.
- Write the script (2 people write using everyone’s ideas)
- Choose locations for filming very carefully – consider noise levels.
You must film on school grounds in English time or during breaks. You will need your own camera.
- Record any interviews or sound bites (including music)/voiceovers/narration (2-3 people)
- Capture archival footage/stills. Save to a specific folder ready to access in the editing process.
- Edit the film in your choice of software, publish and save to the M Drive (movies only) and to the dosomething website. Save with your topic + group names.
Groups of two must choose FOUR PRODUCTS
Groups of three or more must choose SIX PRODUCTS
- The VIDEO is one MANDATORY choice. (must be uploaded to dosomething.org by end date)
- The GRAFFITI WALL is another mandatory choice.
- Informative WEBSITE with at least three pages and three clickable links. Target adults, teen/college or children.
- Illustrated CHILDREN’S BOOK about your topic. Target between 2nd and 6th grade.
- ORIGINAL SONG with lyrics. + two minutes in length. Recorded and playable on any computer
- COLOR CARTOON (6-10 panels) or animation relating to topic.
- Poems or POETRY relating to topic. Recited and recorded, playable on any computer or device.
- PHOTO DIARY of somebody at the center of the issue, either an actual person or fictional individual. Displayable digitally or actually. + six photos
- Dramatic ROLE PLAY. + two minutes. Filmed, playable on any computer.
- NEWS REPORT or INTERVIEW with someone at the center of the issue, either actual person or fictional. Film or audio recording. + two minutes
- WALL POSTER for documentary film concerning the issue. A3 x 2.
- SOUNDSCAPE/SOUND COLLAGE. +Two minutes.