Year 9 English : List of reading reflection activities – choose one for today
Paragraph form response in blue notebook. Complete before next class, please.
1. If you could change places with one character, who would it be and why? Give us EVIDENCE – various examples of things the character has done or experienced that support your decision.
2. Which character is most like you? Why? Give us EVIDENCE: examples of things the character has done or said that support your decision. Also, give EVIDENCE of what it is about you that is similar to the character (these might be examples of things you have said or done).
3. The best stories are often made up of conflicts and solutions. Discuss three conflicts that take place in your novel, and explain the solutions (if there was a solution). Is there one conflict that you wish had been handled differently? What would you have done if you had been involved?
Remember! Your response should only be approximately one page in length
When using quotes, follow the pattern of statement/”quote”/explanation.
- Statement = describe the situation in your OWN words.
- “Quote” = the EXACT words from the author to support your point (and page number)
- Explanation = explain the relevance of the quote and what this quote tells us ABOUT the situation or character.