Job: Quick answers in blue English notebook. Basic rule: At least two complete sentences per bullet point question. Thanks.
1. Setting (the time, the place, the circumstances, the environment of a story)
- What exactly is the setting?
- How does the setting affect the plot and the characters?
- Why did the storytellers choose this particular setting?
- What are the major external conflicts (people struggling with other people or things) of the story?
- What are the major internal conflicts (people struggling with themselves) in the story?
- Are the conflicts resolved? How?
3. Change, growth, transformation.
- Who or what changes from the beginning to the end of the story?
- What makes the change happen?
- Is the change for the better?
4. Gender issues
- What gender expectations exist in the story?
- How are these expectations challenged?
- How does this story compare with Bend it Like Beckham in terms of how it explores GENDER?