The first thing you need to do is find an article about the culture (things like customs, food, celebrations, holidays, beliefs, human relationships, traditions) in the country you have been assigned. Make it an article you can read and understand. Not more than 3 pages. Bring a HARD COPY of the article for Thursday, next class. You must print it out at home or at school before tomorrow’s class meeting.
You will be discussing your country and culture with two or three other students in a talk show format. This means you will sit together and each tell about your culture, and also someone (not one of the group) will ask questions about your culture. You must speak from the heart.
- In your group you must be able to speak uninterrupted about your culture for one minute.
- You must be able to answer brief questions about your culture in comparison to other cultures on the talk show.
- You will have no notes, no papers, no visuals.
- For criteria, see assessment sheet.
- This will begin on Tuesday, Feb. 1. Be ready.
DO NOT PRINT OUT A WIKIPEDIA ARTICLE PLEASE.