Significant Concept: There’s always more to know.
Unit Question: How can I become more aware of contemporary issues in the world?
Focus Question: How can different types of text, including documentaries, help me to understand issues?
Intro task of the week. Goal – to get a better idea of what’s going on in the world in relation to our themes.
- In your group, find one contemporary news/human interest story dealing with the theme you have been given. Use newspapers, current magazines, online sources. You may use Bahasa Indonesia news sources if you like
- Make sure the story has a “broad reach” extending outside of our immediate community (school/Citraland)
- Create an informative wall chart which explains the main ideas and summarizes your news/human interest story. Typed or legibly written, please.
- Format of chart = use common sense. At least A3 size.
- On the chart, include a defining visual or photo for each story.
- We will have two class periods for this Thursday and Friday. Complete BEFORE monday class. Submit then.