LOOKING BENEATH THE SURFACE
YEAR 9 TERM 2 ASSESSMENT 2
- Express an informed and independent response to literary and/or non-literary text (6)
- Use language to narrate, describe, analyse, explain, argue, persuade, inform, entertain and express feelings (10)
- Use language accurately (11)
- Use correct grammar and syntax (13)
- Use appropriate and varied sentence structure (14)
Present an oral presentation to the class educating us on one of the following media issues:
- Star Power
- Body Image
Prepare a 3-minute oral presentation. You can use Powerpoint (3-5 slides ONLY) to present any visual support materials you may have. You may refer to notes but don’t just read off a piece of paper – we are assessing your presentation techniques.
Your presentation should include:
- An explanation of what the issue is
- Why it’s important for us to ‘look beneath the surface’ in order to become more media literate.
- What conclusion you have reached about the issue.
- Ask two questions at the end, to assess audience engagement.
If you are not ready to perform when it is your turn, you will not get a mark. This assessment sheet must be handed in when you present. No assessment sheet, no mark.
This task will be assessed using criterions A & C.