Grade 10 – Short story tasks, week 2-3
Please choose ONE of the following activities for “A New Beginning” and “The Last Spin.” Some are for one person, some are for one or two. You will have THREE class days (Friday, 10/22, Monday 10/25, Tuesday 10/26) to complete the task of your choice. Due for display/presenting on THURSDAY 10/28. Choose wisely.
- Write and perform (not recite) a conversation between Chloe and Cindy that takes place AFTER the last line of the story. Three minutes minimum (1 or 2 people)
- Create a character chart, containing words and images, that clearly shows the CONTRAST between Chloe and Cindy. Use actual quotes from the story. (1 or 2 people) STELLA & STEPH, NIA & RANI, KREWOL & GAGAP, THOBY & TIRTA, WILLIAM & ANDI, YERE & DELINDA, IVANDER
- Create/illustrate a cartoon version (with words included) of either story. 8 panel (square section) minimum. Requires actual quotes from the story. (1 person)
- Write a news article about the tragedy of “The Last Spin”, from the point of view of a reporter that arrived at the scene five minutes after the shot. (1 person)
- Write and perform (not recite) an alternate ending to “The Last Spin.” Three minutes minimum. (1 or 2 people) NUG/TON, JASON & STEVEN
- Create a large (wall/poster) advertisement for either story, highlighting the characters, the plot, and the theme of alienation. Requires actual quotes from the story. (1 person)