You are the young director in need of actors or actresses to join your recently approved school production. You are looking for the best players, so you need to provide the best information about the roles in the play.
CHOOSE a character from Hamlet to base your new brochure on. The document you create must contain the following elements:
- The biggest dilemma or largest conflict faced by the character.
- The motivations and reasons behind the character’s actions and behavior. Everybody wants something. What does this character want?
- The three most important lines spoken by the character, and an explanation as to why those lines are so necessary.
- Five adjectives that best describe the character.
- A physical description of the actor/actress that should play the character.
- A description of the type of actor needed; What acting skills they should have to really be successful with the role.
Your pamphlet will be a tri-fold design on A4. It will be in color (at least four beyond black and white). It will contain no pictures of humans or actors. All images must be symbolic or metaphorical.
You will need to do this in both a digital and a hard copy form. The digital will be added to your portfolios and the hard copy will be put on display. You will have to print this out at home for the full color effect.
You will have THREE CLASS SESSIONS to complete this. You are booked for TWO CLASS SESSIONS for writing your character epitaph.
- Tuesday 8/31 – Film
- Wednesday 9/1 – Finish film
- Thursday 9/2 (2x period) You are booked for LRC lab for pamphlet. Mr. Terrance not here
- Friday 9/3 – You are booked for lab 201 for pamphlet. Mr. Terrance not here.
- Monday 9/6 – Color/final version of pamphlet DUE. Epitaph creation (in class)
- Tuesday 9/7 – Epitaph creation (in class, DUE end of period)