YEAR 7 LANGUAGE B (FOUNDATION LEVEL) TERM 1 ASSESSMENT 1
PITCH YOUR FANTASY WORLD!
- Communicate information, ideas and opinions
- Engage actively in oral production using comprehensible pronunciation and intonation.
Deliver an oral presentation which describes your fantasy world to a movie producer.
- You will make a four minutes presentation about your fantasy country using power point.
- Your presentation must include the following:
- Title Page: the name of your country
- A map of your country, and an explanation of the landscape and the natural resources.
- A description of one good and one evil creature in your world. Describe their appearances, their strengths and weaknesses, and their magical abilities.
- You will be given two class periods to draft your ideas and some class periods to do your power point and practice your speaking skills..
You can also work on your presentation at home.
- Presentations will begin on Monday 9th August.
- You have to be ready when it is your turn to present, otherwise you will not be assessed.
- This assessment sheet must be handed in before you begin your presentation. No assessment sheet, no mark
- This task will be assessed using Criterion A (Speaking and listening – message and interaction) and B (Speaking- language)
Term 1 Year 7 Assessment Rubric: Task 1 (Foundation Level) Name………………………………………………
|Criterion A: Speaking and listening –message and interaction||Criterion B : Speaking- language|
|Level descriptor||Level descriptor|
|0||The student does not reach a standard described by any of the descriptors below.||0||The student does not reach a standard described by any of the descriptors below.|
|The student attempts to communicate information on aspects within common/everyday topics.The student’s ideas are not always relevant;||1–
|The student’s pronunciation and intonation have many errors and make understanding difficult throughout the exchange.The student uses a limited vocabulary, and has difficulty in finding words.
The student makes frequent errors when using basic grammatical structures.
|The student communicates information some of the time, on aspects within common/everyday topics.The student’s ideas are relevant, though they are brief.||3–
|The student’s pronunciation and intonation have some errors, some of which make understanding difficult.The student uses basic vocabulary, though there is some inappropriate word choice.
The student uses basic grammatical structures, though with some errors.
|The student communicates information most of the time, on aspects within common/everyday topics.The student’s ideas are relevant and there is an attempt at detail where appropriate.||5–
|The student’s pronunciation and intonation have some errors, though these don’t interfere with comprehensibility.The student makes good use of basic vocabulary.
The student uses basic grammatical structures, generally accurately.
|The student consistently communicates information, on aspects within common/everyday topics.The student’s ideas are relevant and contain some detail where appropriate.||7–
|The student’s pronunciation and intonation are clear and make communication easy.The student makes excellent use of basic vocabulary.
The student uses basic grammatical structures nearly always accurately.