Below are links to articles dealing with a particular world conflict. Read the articles (and if you like, search for other articles or stories containing information on the subject) and respond to the ideas below.
1. Whaling: Greenpeace and Sea Shepherd
2. Religion: Islam; Sunnis and Shias
3. Local: Indonesia
4. Crime: Mexican drug war
5. Northern Ireland: Catholic and Protestant
Examine the conflict that is assigned to you. Create a poster/display for the hall that does the following seven things:
- shows a definition or explanation of the conflict.
- Includes a symbol or symbolic image (you must create it) that fits the conflict.
- explains the roots/origins of the conflict.
- Introduces the people or things that are affected by the conflict.
- Gives examples of “conflict language” found in the article.
- Shows the different perspectives and motivations of the two sides of the confict.
- Gives your ideas for possible resolutions for the conflict.
This product will have correct spelling and grammar. Be finished before THURSDAY of this week. Be prepared on that day to present your conflict to the other groups.