Son of Zeus and Danae
Slayer of Medusa
Rescuer and spouse of Andromeda
Things to record in your blue book (not digital)…
- Ideas: Think about the Steps of a Hero’s Journey. Apply those ideas to the particular experiences of Perseus. In other words, how does he take these steps?
- The Gods themselves: How do they influence the tale?
- Language: Look for examples of imagery and metaphorical language used by Bernard Evslin as he retells the story of Perseus. Record at least ten of you favorites.
The Perseus unit has four graded parts: 1. The vocabulary quiz 2. the story test which shows how well you have read 3. The product/creation that connects to the story and shows your understanding of it 4. The written rationale for the product.
First part: A VOCAB QUIZ which will be a mix of short answer, multiple choice and fill in the blank. 20 words and five sayings.
Second part: THE TEST. This asks specific questions about the story, requires that you provide short answers, as well as multiple choice answers.
Third part:THE PRODUCT/CREATION. Pick one of these options that connects with the story and shows your understanding and knowledge of it.
- A character diary for Perseus or another character. Full color, handmade, original, accurate.
- A piece of three dimensional art based on the tale of Perseus. Handmade, original, accurate.
- An audio interview with a particular character from the Perseus story. All original, audible and engaging, accurate. Three minutes min.
- An audio news report about an aspect of the Perseus story. original, audible, accurate and engaging, accurate. Three minutes min.
- A comic book based on the tale of Perseus. 100% Handmade, accurate and original. At least 8 pages plus covers, contains text on each page. B5 minimum
- A diorama (made from a shoebox) depicting a scene from Perseus’s story. 100% Handmade, accurate and original.
- A labeled map of Perseus’ journey. Full color, handmade, accurate, A3 minimum.
- A website or internet spot based on Perseus’ story.
- If you have another idea for a creation, please ask Mr. Wilson before going forward. It will probably be OK!
PLEASE NO INTERNET IMAGE PRINTOUTS. TEXT IS OK.
Here is the rubric info for the third element, The Product!
Here’s the schedule for after Takino:
Monday (3/8) and Wednesday (3/10) are class days to do project work (Monday has a vocab. quiz). Friday (3/12) is a day for rationale writing. Project and rationale are due on TUESDAY 3/16. For NINTH GRADE, PROJECT IS ALSO DUE TUESDAY. RATIONALE IS DUE THURSDAY THE 18th.
Tuesday (3/9) and Thursday (3/11) are full class days to do project work. Monday (3/15) is a day for rationale writing. Project and rationale are due on WEDNESDAY 3/17. For NINTH GRADE, PROJECT IS ALSO DUE WED. 3/17. RATIONALE IS DUE FRIDAY THE 19th.